Pages

Thursday 26 March 2015

Some Pretty Finds and A Delicious Tea

There's nothing like a bargain. The other day while out shopping with the kids, I spotted a bargain table outside of the kitchen shop. Dangerous, I know. I foraged through the table and noticed two beautiful platter plates that were marked down. One had a slight printing imperfection around the border pattern, and the other a slight chip under the edge of the rim. 

They were retailing at full price for $25.95 each, and I brought them for ... $2.00 each! Who minds a couple of imperfect prints and chips when they're that price! I also brought a long rectangle fruit serving platter that was reduced down to $5.00 because it had a raised little piece of china on it; I picked it off when I got home!


For a couple of weeks now I've been wanting to share with you a new tea that I've discovered. It is absolutely delicious. On a day trip to Toowoomba, we visited Typo in the main shopping centre and while walking around like lost puppies trying to find the shop, I just happened to find myself walking into a shop called 'The Tea Centre'. You may have heard of it. There were tea cups and tea pots everywhere, beautiful spoons and strainers and of course ... tea blends. Oh that shop smelt amazing!


After sniffing through all the teas on offer, I chose a black tea called 'Stockholm Blend' (Soderblandning -  which I just learnt means, 'Blend of the South' [Sweden]) It is a blend of orange, vanilla, apricot, rose, safflowers and calendula. I guarantee I'll be buying this tea again! It is just so delicious! Did I already mention that?!

Sometimes in life, it really is the little things! 

Have a beautiful day!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the rose petal china! It immediately caught my eye. I love a bargain too. The other plates are pretty as well but roses are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favourite tea pots too Mary! Thank you for commenting and saying hello! Have a beautiful weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Hello. You have written about two of my favorite things; dishes and tea. Your new pieces are so beautiful and the tea sounds wonderful. Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Tea and dishes are a lovely combination! I hope you have a wonderful week too! :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...