Pages

Friday 11 July 2014

Clowning Around

This weekend we have a combined birthday party for two of my nieces. The theme is 'clowns'. So I scoured the two dollar shops the other day trying to find wigs. They are so expensive! So I formulated plan B, buying sparkly hats and decorating them ourselves. All together it cost the same amount as four wigs, but it gave us supplies for six hats, one for each of us! 

So, if you're wanting to make your own clown hat and costume yourselves, you will need ...

  • Hats for the amount of people you need
  • Your choice of wool (colour and amount)
  • Pipe cleaners (thick and thin)
  • Large flowers
  • Sparkly star bows
  • Bright Feathers
  • Glue gun and LOTS of glue sticks!

We made bunches of wool for the hair and hot glued them to the inside of the hat. Then added decorations and made pipe cleaner bow-ties and glasses. It was a lot of fun. I like knowing that we have tried our best to make the birthday girls day special for them. It's a fun part of life!

I'm going to be painting everyone's faces too! I'm really looking forward to taking lots of photos of the kids all dressed up and clowning around! Here's some of their creations before they get face painted  on the day! ...























.
I think I have the four cutest clowns around! Can't wait for the party!

I hope you're having a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...