Pages

Saturday 28 June 2014

Taking In The Moments

Taking in the moments. That's what I would really like to do more of these school holidays. I have the joy of my four amazing children home and I'm wanting to slow down time. So far, we've enjoyed our traditional end of term night, watching movies and eating pizza. It's our way of loosening up, relaxing and getting into the mind set of enjoying each others company.

On that note, today I wrote down a quick list of some simple activities that I'd like to try and enjoy this holidays with my family ... hopefully, this way, I won't forget. Making memories together is a priority for me, and I know that unless I write things down, I'm likely to not remember all the things that I really want to do!

My 'taking in the moments' list as follows ...

  1. play card and board games
  2. read lots of books
  3. make a teacup bird feeder (or a couple!)
  4. sculpt little clay houses (for the kids to enjoy!)
  5. enjoy around the world dinners
  6. journal about my children
  7. roast marshmallows
  8. photo collage art
  9. chalk photos of kids (great on a rainy day on a garage floor!)
  10. have tea parties
  11. make a kite
  12. star-gazing
  13. light candles around the home
  14. write letters
  15. plant herbs
  16. fire-side dinner with MR S
  17. make home made apple pie
  18. have a lounge room sleepover
  19. read aloud together
  20. balloon painting (if I'm game enough!)
  21. make wood oven pizza
  22. enjoy using the fire pit while drinking hot chocolate
  23. play chin puppets
  24. take lots of photos!
Now all that's left to do is write out a good copy with check boxes and stick it on the fridge!

I apologize that there's no photos on this post, I have none taken as yet. Don't worry, I'll be sure to make up for it in the posts to come!

May God beautifully bless your week!

6 comments:

  1. It's great to have a list. My top 1 is to get away for a weekend either to MI or WI. I need to get away.

    From Create w/Joy linky http://linorstorecom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, thanks for popping over. I know what you mean, I could do with a weekend away too. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful outlook on life you splashed on my computer screen. It seems like you take a lot of those good moments into your own hands as well as taking time to appreciate what God blesses us with. I'm amazed at all of the new things God has revealed to me over the years. I'll stop talking now because I'm starting to feel old. =) Blessings to you and yours~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Meredith it's wonderful to have you visit. I've been trying to be a lot more purposeful in seizing the moments over the last few years and while sometimes it's not easy, I know that God always gives us something beautiful in every day. From your profile pic, you look very young, so I wouldn't be worried! ;) Blessings to you and yours too.

      Delete
  3. That is a great list. I have fond memories of board game nights .. and days with my family :) Enjoy the holidays. #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renee, they are fun for sure! It's great to have you visit! :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...