Pages

Friday 9 August 2013

Faith Talk Friday: I say "No Longer"

Because we are imperfect human beings, we can get so discouraged in our hearts, in our circumstances, in our day-to-day lives, in our workplaces, in our families. It's a discouragement that leaves us feeling like we've fallen down into a black bottomless pit. Falling, falling, always falling. Been there? Feeling like there's no possible way out; like there's nothing anybody can do to make things ok? I have many times.
 
 

It's actually ridiculous the amount of times that I have been so close to giving up. So close to throwing in the towel; whether it be in my marriage, my mothering, keeping this house, serving in church, my own personal dreams and goals, supporting extended family members. By nature I am prone to discouragement and negativity. Prone to depression and fear. This is my old self, the one that I am constantly up against and constantly trying to whip into line with the truth my God and Saviour speaks to me.

 
It's the ugly self that satan uses to flaunt my weaknesses and how pathetic he thinks I am in front of my face. He's harsh, and sometimes, I believe Him. I really do. I hear that voice in my ear that tells me 'I'm never going to achieve this or that'; that 'I'll never be able to victoriously move through difficult situations or times of grief'; I'm 'never going to be able to change this or that'; that 'I'm never going to be beautiful'; that  'the hurt won't heal'; that 'I'll never be able to even come before my God in prayer, because you know how you just behaved Elisha, and you're now so unworthy of even showing your face in His presence'. He is persistent.
 
But  (I love that there's a but) ...
 
... God's love is relentless. It's only Him who gets me through anything. I am learning that prayer is so overwhelmingly powerful. It is what holds me together. Have you ever gotten to the point where you just know that you know, that there is no way in this whole wide world that you can ever be the mother, the wife, the friend, the Christ-follower you long to be without Him helping you do it? Without Him sustaining your every effort, your every thought, action, prayer, dream, path, everything?
 
This is that point where we refuse to let satan have his way with us any longer. To flaunt that old self in front of us in condemnation. We are told over and over again that God has won victories for us, He has overcome, He loves us to no end, His plans are only for our good, that nothing can separate us from His love, that we are the head and not the tail, that He is the beginning and the end, that He will finish the good work that He has begun in us, that He alone is faithful, that He leads and guides us, that He gives us His wisdom, that He forgives and forgets our confessed sins, that we are white as snow, that we have the authority of Jesus Christ, that we are friends of Christ, that we are more than conquerors.

 
 
 
Can you see where I'm going with this? Do you believe it? We are not living a life that is controlled by the enemy. We are living a life that overcomes the enemy because Christ has already defeated him. We are living a life that is led and governed by our great and mighty Father and beautiful women, we must start standing up and saying to the enemy 'no longer.' No longer will you hold me bound in a life of fear. No longer will you tell me I can't pray because of my sin. No longer will you tell me my marriage is hopeless. No longer will you tell me my child will never change. No longer will I listen to your filthy, vile whisperings in my ear. My heart is not yours. My life is not yours. My family is not yours. My future is not yours. Nothing I have is yours, you do not own me, you cannot harm me, I am no longer going to allow to you hold me back in this life. No longer am I going to live a life that is second rate because you are wanting to steal from me, harm and attempt to kill and destroy me. You are not going to hold me back any longer.

 
 
We must choose to live in the truth of the Word of Christ. We must choose to live in the power of prayer. I need to pray. We need to pray. Praying is one of the most amazing things I do to see results in my life. Even when I don't feel like praying, even when it looks like there's no answers. Even when, and I've been here many times, I have not even known what it is I am exactly praying for or needing Him to work in. Times like this we can pray one sentence prayers, "Lord, please don't leave me where I am". "Lord, work your self into my heart". "Lord, help me to not miss the small moments". "Lord, help me to be the wife and mother you need me to be". "God please bring them back to you". "God, help my unbelief".

 
 
Our God is faithful to hear us, equip us, guide us, strengthen us, help us, and free us. When we believe Him, and choose to put ourselves in His presence we can be assured that He is faithful to answer. His peace will guard our hearts and minds. The circumstances may not change, they may get worse. The answer may come, though not as we want. We may struggle with the same thing the very next day and the day after that. But He never leaves us, He never stops working in us, His plans for us are never for anything but good. He never stops loving us. He sustains us, His power is made perfect in our weakness and His grace is sufficient. The enemy has no hold over us.

 
 
Will you join me, beautiful friend in living a life that overcomes the enemy to the praise of His glorious Name? I encourage you this week, to strengthen yourself through His Word and by writing out a list of verses that speak of the victories we have in Christ. Lean into him in prayer this week, and He will grant you the peace, the contentment and the power that can and should be yours.  


 
 If you're reading this and you don't know of Gods love for you, or you need some questions answered, please make sure you leave a comment. Sometimes we all need a listening ear.
 
You can click here to go to one of my favourite blogs for more great reads too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...