Pages

Friday 26 October 2012

The Truth In Transition Times


I woke up yesterday morning with a less than motivated desire to get out of bed. This place where I am in is such a struggle right now; such a repetitious, life-sucking struggle. My night’s sleeps are less than adequate; leaving me exhausted before the new day even begins. Heavy, sad, distracted, disappointed, angry, confused, hurt, weighed-down, less than good enough; this has been my struggle. This is how my heart feels.

This transition time in my life is so hard, it’s confusing, it’s the most painful , faith-stretching adjustment I’ve been asked to make so far.  The largest desire I’ve been asked to sacrifice. Stepping into the unknown; decisions to make that seem so eternally pointless in my mind. I just get to the place of thinking that not all is lost, and then I’m right back at the beginning. Why couldn’t things just stay as they’ve always been?  Why can’t I stay in my place of comfort and familiarity?

How do we push ourselves to get out of a rut? To be motivated to live the best possible life as the gift it is, regardless of the difficult adjustments along the way? How do we see a possible new direction to pursue and step out without knowing every single step along the way? How do we take that step of faith instead of falling into a down-ward spiral of crippling, disabling fear? Can someone take me from A to B with minimal pain please?  

How do we grasp each moment and take stock of what really matters? Life can be exhausting; but it’s still a gift. Life can be a challenge – but it’s still a gift. Even amongst the pain, confusion and questions, our God never fails.

If I know no other answers to the mess in my heart right now, that is one truth that will never be taken from me – from you; our God never fails.

Romans 8:28ESV

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those called according to His purpose.

 

Nehemiah 8:10bESV

“And do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength”
 

King David knew of pain, distress, confusion; he had questions that needing answering, and yet he clung to His God as he declared ...


Psalm 42:5NIV

Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God.
 
This is what I must do; it is what you must do ... because our God never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...